Contempt and Enforcement

For a variety of reasons, a person may fail to comply with a court order. When this occurs, that person may face allegations of willfully refusing to follow the court’s orders. In these circumstances, a lawyer can help to get enforcement of the order, or defend the claim.

When a person fails to comply with the terms of an order, we actively seek enforcement of the order.  This may include a number of types of relief, including monetary damages and injunctive relief.  We help clients tailor a lawsuit to best get an order enforced.

Whether the allegations are related to custody, visitation, or child support, we offer services to clients who seek to bring claims, and clients who are defending claims of contempt of court.